Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Keeping it together



I had started this post a few days ago before the title "keeping it together" meant a whole different thing.
Every year I create an After School Schedule to keep me going in the right direction when the kids start up with their extracurriculars. This year it will really come in handy. My brain is a little preoccupied right now, and I think on overload.

If you've seen my blog within the last week you've seen the Attack of the Oompa Loompa's. Duane my dear sweet husband has been battling jaundice. We've been through a slew of tests, and nothing seemed to be pointing in the direction of why. Today we meet with his oncologist to discuss what I thought would be the results of nothing. Unfortunately it was something. The cancer is back and in new areas of his body. At least 4 different tumors in 4 new spots; a small one in his liver, lymph nodes right outside the liver, his sternum, and lymph nodes in his chest.
The tricky part is he still is jaundice and can't have certain chemo drugs until his liver starts functioning better, and his liver can't function better until certain positioned tumors shrink.
Keeping it together now means trying not to ball too much in front of the kids, trying not to think of the worst case scenarios, trying to believe that my Father in heaven knows and loves me and will always be by my side.

10 comments:

modern myrtle home said...

Becky,

I am in tears. I can't imagine how you are holding up. You are continually in my prayers.

Love,
Joni

Lindsay said...

I am here rooting for your sweet Duane and the rest of you too. I'm waiting in the wings for "lunchtherapy" whenever you are ready for a break!

Lisa said...

I'll take Hannah and Emma if you guys want to take a day together to go to the temple or just hang out together! Heck, I'll take them all for a slumber party if you want to have a whole night alone together! You all are in my prayers everyday.

Becky said...

Love you all!!

Kory Jane said...

If you need anything just let Corey and I know. He is always thinking about Duaine and is so glad that he calls and keeps him informed. Really anything just let us know.

Sarah Bowen said...

Becky you and Duane are in our thoughts! Wish i was there to help out in some way. We think of you often and tell Duane Clay says hand in there! The team neeeds him for softball again!

Real Life Roberts said...

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!! We will continue to pray for you ALL!! It's so nice to see/hear all the support you guys have and ou have it from us too...please let me know what we can do to help! The "lunchtherapy" sound good...

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

I don't know personally other than what I have read on your blog but I want to let you know I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

theresa said...

Becky....words fail me right now. Yes, your Father loves you AND knows you. I believe this with all my heart. If you heve trouble keeping your head above water, throw me a line.

Quin's momma said...

Becky, I definitely can feel an inch of your pain. Your entire family is in my prayers, and I will throw in and extra request to Father for a comforting hand for you. (Mom says her thoughts and prayers have been with you all since day one...and they will continue to be. Hang in there!) Continue to root on your Superman- I know it has to mean the world to him!

Each day to live....

Finding the little things in the day that make me smile.



Duane's last Dance

Total Pageviews