Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Superman's Kryptonite


Several years before Duane was diagnosed with cancer I started calling him my Superman. I had bought him a Superman tie and everything. Little did I know that he would have to live up to his wife's nickname. He has fought this battle with more faith and endurance than any super hero could. And now he musters up that superhuman strength to fight this next battle.
I foolishly let the previous 11 months slip by without any documentation, other than my own memories, of how valiantly he battled his first round with colon cancer. Thank you Lisa and Lindsay for getting me jazzed about blogging. Now I have a forum for concrete journaling and photo storing of his second go around with colon cancer.
I love blogging! I love Muffin Tin Monday, Chocoholic Anonymous, I love journaling my children little quirks and milestones. I've decided to dedicate an entire blog to my sweet Duane and his battle so that the everyday fluff doesn't distract from him. Everyone is invited and welcome to visit My Superman's Kryptonite anytime. I love all you guys and am so thankful for each and every one of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky - I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I love your blogging and you have such a wonderful way with words. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time. Need anything? JUST ASK!!!

Each day to live....

Finding the little things in the day that make me smile.



Duane's last Dance

Total Pageviews