Friday, August 29, 2008

Chocoholics Anonymous-Ann's not Theresa's chocolate comfort cake


Also known as Texas Sheet Cake, today's Chocoholics Anonymous was inspired by an act of kindness and a sister in the deep love of all things chocolate. *Ann notTheresa from ballet sent home this moist, chocolaty, delicious, chocolaty, yummy, did I mention chocolaty sheet cake that I will share with everyone today. You can also visit The Pioneer Woman for a step by step and some great pictures of this yummy cake.
*Blogging 101- check your sources. A 13 teen year old is not always reliable. Sorry about the mix-up Ann, you truely are a dear friend.

Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake

Cake
2 c flour
2 c sugar
1/4 t salt
2 sticks butter
4 heaping T cocoa
1 c boiling water
1/2 c buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 t baking soda
1 t vanilla

Combine in a mixing bowl, flour, sugar and salt. In a saucepan, melt butter and add cocoa. Stir together. Add boiling water and bring mixture to a boil, cook for an additional 30 seconds. Turn off heat and pour over flour mixture, stir lightly. In separate bowl stir together buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla. Add to flour/chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Icing
1/2 c pecans, finely chopped
1 3/4 sticks butter
4 heaping T cocoa
6 T milk
1 t vanilla
1 lb minus 1/2 c powdered sugar

In a saucepan melt butter and add cocoa to combine. Turn off heat an add milk, vanilla, and sugar. Stir together add pecans, stir and pour over warm cake.

Cut into squares, eat, and enjoy your chocolate fix for the day.

3 comments:

Train Wreck said...

Found your comment on PW
I had to come over and give my "thoughts" on your husband. I am sorry to hear of your situation! I too have a wonderful husband(the second time around) I can't imagine how you must feel with his diagnosis. I hope he is with you forever and always, and beats the battle you did not choose to fight! Thought and prayers for you and your beautiful family.
Trainwreck

Train Wreck said...

PS that cake is awesome!! I don't like chocolate, and I could eat the whole thing!!

theresa said...

Awww, Becky. I wish I HAD made that cake. I ATE a piece, though!!! Ann did a great job! I had to hop on here and read my accolades before you changed the post! Ha ha ha!!! Still praying fervently and our thoughts are with you constantly.

Each day to live....

Finding the little things in the day that make me smile.



Duane's last Dance

Total Pageviews