Friday, January 9, 2009

The Return of an Old Friend-Chocoholics Anonymous!



It's been such a long time since I posted a Chocoholics Anonymous recipe that I almost forgot about my love/obsession for the deliciously smooth and creamy confection called chocolate! I've been drooling over this Paula Deen recipe for over a month now and am almost giddy to have made it, and of course devour several. It couldn't have been more simple, really, premade cookie dough, caramel sauce, how easy breezy can you get. I had a little help, Hannah(my chocoholic-in-training) wanted to cook with mommy; she did a GREAT job!

Chocolate Chip Turtle Bars
(a.k.a. goo bars because this chocoholic couldn't wait long enough for them to cool properly and they are ooey gooey when warm!)

1 (16.5 oz) roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 c butterscotch morsels
1 c chopped pecans
1/2 c butter
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 (12.25 oz) jar caramel ice-cream topping
1 c quick oats
1 c semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13x9 pan with aluminum foil, letting edges of foil hand over sides of pan. Spray foil with nonstick spray. Press cookie dough evenly into bottom of prepared pan, completely covering foil. Sprinkle evenly with butterscotch chips and pecans. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and caramel. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil for I minute. Remove from heat; stir in oats. Pour butter mixtures evenly over pecans. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until edges are golden brown; cool completely. Cut into bars and enjoy!


15 comments:

Angela said...

Your comment will have to wait I am a little busy right now licking the screen!! Yummy!

theresa said...

Could you please convert this recipe into Weight Watchers points? Mmmmm hmmmm...that's what I thought! I've heard that the calories you nibble while you cook don't count. That theory explains a lot about the state of my behind, does it not?! It warms my heart to see you posting like this again...

Sandy said...

That looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing:)

Brenda said...

Oh, Becky. I think that's all I can say about that...oh, Becky.

Hey, my 8th wedding anniversary is on Tuesday and my mom thinks I should do something rather than just ignore the day. Can I take you for a pedicure for my anniversary?

Lindsay said...

Hello, my name is Lindsay and I'm a chocoholic. I'll try to dry my drool so I don't embarrass myself...I feel like your dog copper...pant, pant, pant....

Cindy said...

As Becky's Mom, I've been blessed to be able to step back and observe with great pride the product of my chocolate-training. She has far surpassed any dreams of chocolate addiction that I had for her.

Okay, okay, I returned to the house today to discover these tasty treats and oh wow.

(pausing to wipe chocolate off fingertips)

I had a heart attack in April with subsequent surgery, but I said dang the fat, I'm eating them anyway! They were simply the BEST chocolate bar/cookie she has ever produced, including the infamous carmelettas! Oh, has she introduced you to the carmelettas??? Beg her for the recipe!

Love you sweetie, but you're killing my diet!

Julie said...

Oh Yum! I've got to try those turtle bars...They look heavenly!

Marrdy said...

I went on a tour of the new Draper Temple and somehow I remembered you and reading your blog. When I stood in the Celestial Room I remembered all I had read while I was here and why we all need forever families. Sorry I wasn't here to add my prayers during your difficult time but I KNOW you will all be together again.

Katrina said...

Becky--stop my heart! No really, these just might do that if I make them AND eat them. I can just see Paula showing how to make them and taking her big yummy bites and rolling her eyes back into her head. Ooh!
Must. go. back. to. my. black. bean. brownies. Somehow, they just don't sound all that great anymore!
But what a great thing for you to start WW after! ;) Good luck!

Katrina said...

P. S. Have dearly missed your Chocolate Fridays! Don't give those up, you can eat chocolate in WW can't you? Please! Please share more! ;)

Unknown said...

I am ALMOST happy I can't get most of that stuff over here...I can just see myself now, with head burried in the pan...

Hmmm...I can make the chocolate chip dough myself...just wondering how I can get my hands on the butterscotch chips...

theresa said...

I can forget about these cookie bars, because I had THE BEST cake EVER!! Thank you, Becky, for that sweet coconut indulgence. My most favoritist thing is coconut in a cake or pie. (that and pineapple)I almost tackled Molly in utter thanks and joy!!!!

Rachel said...

Mmmmm!!! My mouth is watering right now! Can't wait to try them! But I think I need an excuse to make them, like a girl's night or something!

Tiffany said...

Oh wow! I'm going to have to make those!

The Tavares' said...

Those look so yummy. Gonna have to make some of those :) This third baby weight is never gonna leave :)

Each day to live....

Finding the little things in the day that make me smile.



Duane's last Dance

Total Pageviews