Friday, January 16, 2009

Chocoholics Anonymous-Shhh! It's a Secret Brownies

This is how I want to eat my chocolate this week, or should I say bath in my chocolate. How I envy Emma, AAAHHHHH! Why is chocolate so dang gum addictive and delicious?
So far so good on weight watchers, but seriously how many days have I ventured into this "new" lifestyle? When I read/drooled over my blog friends Katrina's recipe for low fat brownies I knew it had to be this weeks Chocoholics Anonymous recipe. Brownies made with black beans! Yes friends, beans, beans that musical fruit, the more you eat the more you .... anyway made with black beans. I have to confess, my brownies were a little drier than I like them, probably the ovens fault ;), so watch your baking time, but as a whole very yummy for a low fat brownie. Just think of all the fiber and protein that is now added to your chocolate, an even better excuse to devour, I mean reasonably consume your brownie. Enjoy!

Black Bean Brownies

1 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/3 c cocoa
2/3 c brown sugar
2/3 c sugar
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 nuts
3 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 T oil + 2/3 c black bean puree(1 can black beans, liquid and all, pureed in a blender)

Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Spread into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for about 22 minutes.


Just because! Isn't she a stinker. Emma's popeye impersonation, "What squinkie eye?"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to like you, I want to like you as much as Jessie, but then you have to go and make these brownies and make them low fat and well, I just can't... I have to turn away.... just one more lick....

but I'll be back LOL! Howdy woman!

Sally said...

Ooh I actually love black beans, so I will have to give them a try.

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

What a sweet chocolate face! Great picture.
I am so glad you posted this recipe. It is great. Thank you!
Hope you are doing well.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Julie said...

My friend makes fudge with black beans "hidden" inside :)

LoraBelieves said...

They look good on your baby. I'm always looking for healthy yummy recipes, and I've been so chocolate cravy lately. Thanks for sharing!

Marrdy said...

Yum. Low fat healthy brownies. Have to try this!

Katrina said...

Becky,
How fun for you to try the brownies--YEP, not your great, FATTENING, delicious brownie, by far, but they do suffice when WW-ing. You can't taste the beans at all! Thanks for trying, I'm here for ya, with the whole chocolate thing, you know! ;)Um, I need to know what that is you put on top??? (It looks good.)

Becky said...

I wonder if you're talking about the white chocolate chips? I didn't frost them or anything so that's all I can think of. Thanks for the recipe.

Kacey! said...

thats cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each day to live....

Finding the little things in the day that make me smile.



Duane's last Dance

Total Pageviews