Saturday, November 20, 2010

Vy am I dripping vith goo?

Day 11-Because I have two of your favorite things on my brain, Ghostbusters and coconut. Homemade German chocolate frosting you would've given up your first born for, sorry Molly.

Now why would one who has now seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows TWICE have Ghostbusters on the brain you might ask? Follow along if you can.

Last week I made Homemade German Chocolate Cake for my Grandpa's 89 birthday. It was divine, it was scrumdiddliumptious, it is still haunting me a week later. I had leftover frosting sitting in my fridge and my mom had a BRILLIANT idea to make them into German Chocolate Truffles, which now currently reside in my freezer. I love coconut but I also love Harry Potter which coincidentally have no relation what so ever, but thinking of ones loves leads to another love and just like the "If you give a Pig a Pancake" book Harry Potter will most definitely always end in coconut :). But where does Ghostbusters come into play? Well, look at the picture, does it not resemble goo? And when the word goo pops into my warped brain automatically I hear the line from Ghostbusters II when Janosz says "Why am I dripping with goo" but in his Eastern European accent. And there you have it why now Ghostbusters and coconut are on my brain and it's all because a mom went to see Harry Potter.

Phew, I'm exhausted from this mental whirlwind. I think I'll go nibble on a little German Chocolate Truffles now.

German Chocolate Frosting

1 c sugar

4 egg yolks

1 c evaporated milk

1/2 c butter

1 t vanilla extract

10 oz coconut

1 1/2 c finely chopped pecans

Combine sugar, egg yolks and evaporated milk in the top of a double boiler. Stir with a wire whisk until the yolks are fully incorporated. Add the butter. Place over the bottom part filled with simmering water and bring mixture to a boil. Simmer 12-15 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add the vanilla, coconut and nuts. Cool. Frost. Eat. Savor. Drool. Enjoy.

No comments:

Each day to live....

Finding the little things in the day that make me smile.



Duane's last Dance

Total Pageviews