Saturday, May 23, 2009

Well since a baby was not an option

Meet Lincoln, the newest member of the Summers family. He's an absolute Pug-a-licious 9 week old bundle of sweetness. Duane was a Pug lover but never a Pug owner. Lincoln will be a sweet therapeutic puppy ready to help lessen some of our Daddy loneliness. And yes I know that it won't at all take away any pain we feel about losing my love to cancer, but how can that mug not bring some joy.
So why the name Lincoln? Ever since our dog Penny died we've decided to stick with an evolving theme for our dog names, Penny-Copper-Lincoln.(although size wise that is so not proportionate) Plus Duane's birthday and Abe Lincoln's birthday are the same. Perfecto!

He's such a little small fry compared to Copper the Moose. We were a little nervous about the meeting, I mean Copper is just so big. But after a few, well maybe more than a few butt sniffing sessions they seem to be getting along just peachy.



Grandma and Grandad, isn't that just adorable? Smile, he's our missing "Linc", a perfect fit for our family.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is sooooo cute!

Sally said...

I am sooo not a dog person, but he is adorable!

Pepple said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is he!!!!

Brenda said...

He's so cute! I have to admit, I've been tempted a few times lately, too. Just ask Amber-I shamelessly hit her up for her dog!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

He is so precious! I have had two in my life and they are great dogs. They are very loyal and love attention. I bet Duane is very happy! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

p.s. Like your new header

Katrina said...

Awweeeee, cute one! Love the theme of names and the "missing Linc". Sadly, we'll (at least that what HE thinks) never have a dog, because my husband "hates" them. But I will probably be able to talk him in to some cute little thing someday! ;)

Lisa said...

Yeah! He is sooooo cute! He is the perfect Linc! I love it!

Marrdy said...

I'm not a huge pug fan but that is one cute puppy! Congrats on your new addition.

Each day to live....

Finding the little things in the day that make me smile.



Duane's last Dance

Total Pageviews